Depth, PG oneshot Fiyeraba
passionate
post Aug 15 2010, 06:01 AM
Post #1

Shiz Student

Group: Members
From: physically in this universe, but mentally with my Yero in Oz
Member No.: 1,627

"So you can keep your belief in whatever, and I'll wear my cynicism like a tattoo.
And while poets try to engineer definitions of love, you know all I can think of is you."
Songs For The Road by David Ford

"Why do you love me?" She questioned, twirling her hair around her pointer finger, nestling her head into his chest.

"What do you mean?" He replied, furrowing his eyebrows together.

"Do you have reasons for loving me? Or do you just do?"

"Well a bit of both I guess. Why?"

She signed, "I want depth."

"Depth?"

"Yes, depth."

"In what sense?"

"I don't want our relationship to be shallow. I don't want our love to be shallow. Is love superficial or profound?"

"I guess it depends on how you see it."

"Well how do you see it?"

"I believe that love manages to be the most deep and shallow thing at the same time and that-"

"But that is a contradiction."

"Yes and no. It is shallow because there truly is no reasoning behind it. One has reasons to care for another, but reasons for love do not exist. It just happens. A spark of magic in a world that is otherwise so bleak. And yet, it is profound because there is no sensation like it. It is the most real, uncontainable, human, burst of emotion. It is poetry without words. It is the most powerful thing in existence, which is why it is gives us the power to save and destroy. Most importantly it allows us to understand what it means to be human in a world where we are bred to be lonely in an arena that most find suffocating at the same time. But only when the love is real does it have the power to do these things."

"How does one know if it's real?"

"One can never really know. One can only hope. And that is why love is shallow. We have come full circle."

"But what of our relationship? Is our love real?"

"I think it's real," he kissed her temple, "Do you think it is real?"

She pursed her lips together, "Yes."

"Well that is all that matters."

"But does our relationship have any depth?" She blurted out. The question was out of character for her, "How can we be sure our love will last?"

It was his turn to sigh, "I wish I could promise you forever, but that would be shallow. There is depth in our relationship as we speak. But the depth of relationships works like tidal pools: It is ever fluctuating. Life will take its tole on us and love has the ability to take us through it or bring us to different shores, on which maybe we will find our new selves in other places with other people. But we have now, and this moment is worth something."

"I love your ability to make complete shiz up to try and satisfy my inquisitive nature," she traced one of the tattoos on his chest.

"And I love your craving for knowledge. But Fae you must accept it. One cannot know everything."

"It is true. Though I must say, your explanation satisfies me," she rubbed her foot on his, "Yero?"

"Yes?"

"Is this moment profound?"

"That is the beauty of it... We have no way of knowing."

"Now I don't lightly use words like forever... But I will love you till the end of today.
And in the morning when I remember everything that you are, I know I'll fall for you over again."
Songs For The Road by David Ford
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
I Couldn't B...
post Aug 15 2010, 12:32 PM
Post #2

Shiz Student

Member No.: 1,066

I like this song....LOL. One can fall in love all over again, every day with the exact same person. So romantic. So touching, and of couse, so Fiyeraba.

The ICBH

+Quote Post
GreenGirl717
post Aug 17 2010, 05:15 PM
Post #3

Grand Ozian

Member No.: 9,822

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/wub.gif) Awww love ya, Fiyeraba! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/heartbeat.gif) That was so sweet! I miss reading Fiyeraba oneshots!

Very interesting...and....ER...deep...haha take on their relationship and relationships in general!

Thanks for writing, passionate! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) Always love reading your stuff! Great job! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumbsup.gif)

And yeah......I love the song lyrics too LOL

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2014 - 11:46 AM